A warm welcome to technical blog posts. Today, we are going to discuss a step by step guide to update Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510.
Is My Device in Need of an Update?
GPS hardware & software have helped the modern world to explore the unexplored. With the help of mapping and tracking, people have been able to reach places they have been never been before. However, keeping the software data updated is important as this would help you stay on track and not lost in the middle of nowhere. Updates keep us abreast with advancements and new information. Keeping the device updated means that it would be glitch free and will have the latest info. We have written this updated guide from the user perspective and have tried to incorporate every aspect, difficulty in the update process. Hope it makes the update process simpler and hassle-free for you.
Rand McNally Device Update Process is Easy &Ultra-Fast
Rand McNally users usually do not face difficulty in updating product software and data as the update process is so easy and quick that anybody even with little knowledge about simple gadgets could update Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510.
Things You Require Before Updating the Device
- USB Cable or interface cable provided with the Device
- Rand McNally Dock Software – The Dock enables software upgrades and access map updates, construction updates, and additional features. You can download Dock software for your PC or Mac online from the official website www.randmcnally.com/dock
- At least 8GB Micro SD Card or aka memory card
- A little time for the update to finish.
Rand McNally Device Update Steps
Here are simple steps that would help you keep your device new and equipped with the latest maps and location information.
- To start the update process, you need to connect the device via the USB port to a PC, laptop computer that has a working internet connection. The PC, the computer should have Rand McNally Dock installed.
- Next, you need to connect one end of the USB cable (that came with the device package) to the USB slot provided at the rear end of the device and another end of the USB Cable to your computer system.
- Once connected with the computer system, the Dock will open up automatically. If it does not open up automatically, click the Dock Software icon and open it. The Dock is the interface through which you will update the device.
- On the top right of the interface, there will be details about which Rand McNally TND you are using, Rand McNally TND 510 or Rand McNally TND 520 or Rand McNally TND 710 or Rand McNally TND 720.
- Remember, the process of the update is the same for the Rand McNally TNDs.
- On the top left-hand side of the Dock, there will be a green icon labeled ‘Updates Available’. This is the option using which new updates to the gadget software will be installed.
- At this stage you need to have the 8GB Micro SD card ready as the device may not have enough memory to download the updates and thus additional memory would be provided by this memory card.
- Insert the card in the slot provided on the rear side of the device and then press the updates button to begin the download of the update software package.
- Once the download is complete and you need to hit the update button to being the update process.
- After the update is over, remove the memory card, detach the USB cable and restart your device.
What If I Am Stuck During the Update Process?
Following the above-mentioned steps would ensure that the update process remains hassle-free. However, in case of any difficulty or if you are stuck, we suggest you repeat the steps afresh ensuring that you follow every step closely.
This is the end of the update tutorial and we wish you happy travel.
Stay Connected, Stay Safe & Drive Safely